So I came back to Tokyo on 12th and then got a flight to San Francisco on 13th. Less than 24 hours stay in Tokyo :)
Hackathon is over but I still have my "ToHack" pool active, so I had a quick hack of Kwiki::Export during the flight. Much love for SVK and coLinux for ad-hoc offline hacking. Kwiki::Export does its job very nice -- It uses HTML::WikiConverter to export Kwiki content into other Wiki dialects like MediaWiki. It also supports zip file archiving of all the pages on your Kwiki installation.
The flight landed at SFO on 9am and I had an immigration. This time the admin guy of immigration really likes to talk and ask details of the trip. I realized how I got a progress of speaking English by the conversation so it's kinda good, but it was tiresome to explaing the details of my job etc. Anyway I showed my business card of Six Apart KK and return ticket and it worked very well to convince him it's not a illegal work stay or anything like that.
I coded the $job stuff almost like sleeping, and tackled with UTF-8/Unicode flag problems with Template Toolkit. A few days ago I created Template::Provider::Encoding but it wasn't enough because we still have to care about Unicode-ness of stash variables. Then I came across a new great magic to the Provider::Encoding -- Template::Stash::ForceUTF8. This adds magical handling of Unicode flag on TT stash variables and now you can mix UTF-8 bytes and Unicode flagged strings into stash then this Stash module DWIMs. Released Template::Provider::Encoding 0.02.