So it's the last day. I woke up on 11 and started with my Gmail inbox. Found a good reponse from Douglas Crockford and why the luckystiff about JSON and Unicode stuff.
I got a report from Yoshimatsu-san @ SAKK saying he has a problem with My Documents path on his machine because he changed his username after the account creation. I added kind of crufty patch to try real hard to detect the My Document path using Win32 API. Meanwhile I got a similar report from Victor Ruiz @ Six Apart EMEA saying his My Music directory is Mi Musica because his OS is Windows XP Spanish version. Ick.
I went to a nearby cafe called XD which had a funky Wi-Fi SSID character. Hscchien joined us there. The Wi-Fi network also has 192.168.0.1 as a DHCP gateway and my coLinux NAT TAP had a conflict :/
Anyway at the cafe I pair coded with gugod on the Kwiki::Emoticon plugin. We just started by simle regexp s/:\)/foobar/ and gradually integrated the plugin with (imaginary) new Text::Emoticon API. During the session gugod downloaded the new Google Earth Mac OSX version and we made a KML file for YAPC::Asia venue, party place and other important places in Tokyo. We'll put up the KML file later on YAPC::Asia website.
I came back to gugod's place and continued the Emoticon hack, then released whole new Text::Emoticon 0.03 and its subclass modules MSN and Yahoo. Then I released Kwiki::Emoticon to CPAN as well. Someone willing to write iChat, Skype, Google Talk and AIM emoticon, I'd be happy to hear that. They don't have an img base URL but have a bundle of image files in System resource directory (or embedded in .exe file), so it might need another level of abstraction in the Text::Emoticon base class.
Audrey Tang tackled a little with Unicode string problems on her YAML module and she also added a support of implicit Unicode conversion on JSON side. I found a bug again and pushed her to fix it. Then I released JSON::Syck 0.02 which handles UTF-8 bytes transparently. (No Unicode flag)
We went to the very spicy and hot nabe place, which was really nice. Lots of beef there. I'll put the pics up to my Flickr later.
We came back home and Sekimura-san started hacking Trickster. As a start he created Rendezvous Publisher backend for Bonjour Win32 SDK and with that I was able to make my PSP/iPod as an iTunes share, browsable from Ingy's Mac. Yay! Apparently Net::Rendezvous::Publish has a bug that it can't correctly detect its non-Null backend (because of Module::Pluggable load order) and I sent a patch to Richard Clamp to fix that.
I imported Movable Type plugin mt-emoticon into my svn and updated the plugin to use the new Text::Emoticon API.
I added a functionality to reload the Music Library.xml to my iTunes RSS Server thingy, so you don't have to restart the server whenever you update the iTunes music library itself.
At the restaurant we talked a lot about the funny Sushi instruction video on Google Video (which disapeared now) and I came up with an idea of "automatic Google Video to PSP downloader". Coincidentally, Google added downloads for PSP yesterday and all we have to do is just synchronizing MP4 files and rename files based on PSP's funky directory structure. Hence I wrote a quickie google-video-psp synchr. Just execute this script when you connect PSP as an USB device, then it'll scan Google Video download folder and syncs to PSP by renaming them.
16 svn commits. 7 CPAN uploads.
Overall, this hack-a-vacation has been really awesome and fun. Friends here are all real friendly. Let me summarize my pet project status now.
- Clear some small CPAN module ideas and patches: DONE
- Class::Trigger overhaul: Not yet. Still brainstorming
- Write Perl Hack: Not yet. Maybe this weekend in San Francisco
- Trickster 2.0 Hack: Ongoing and in a good shape. I'll do another hackathon with David when I'm in San Fran.