My old macbook at work just died and now I'm with the new MacBook Pro 13" with Snow Leopard on it.
I just used TimeMachine backup and the Migration Assistant, and it worked pretty nice (amazingly): here're some migration list.
- Switch perl local::lib to rebuild with perl5.10 binaries. (DONE)
- To do that, i need to install the developer tools. (DONE)
- SIMBL - upgraded to the Snow Leopard compatible version (DONE)
- TerminalCopyOnSelect - seems incompatible with 10.6.2
- 1password - Upgraded to the 1password 3 beta (DONE)
- Macbook Pro multitouch touchpad: Hard to get used to it but should use a thumb (not forefinger) to click it, or always use tap-to-click :/
- Rebuild Remedie and Github Growler to run on perl 5.10: Remedie is done, but GG has problems when running as .app, works with 5.8.9 from the command line though.
- Leech - Doesn't work. Seems like a problem with SIMBL.
- Keywurl - Doesn't work, but Glims can replace the functionality. (DONE)
- GreaseKit - Doesn't work? Not sure how to run SIMBL on Safari without making it run in 32-bit mode.
- (continues while the migration goes on)